Sunday, July 26, 2009

blueberry oatmeal squares, done my way


when i saw these over at culinary in the desert i just knew i had to give them a whirl. go have a look see at joe's blog. he is an amazing cook. he always kicks my salivary glands into overdrive. well, when i went to make these the other day i didn't have quite everything to do it joe's way, so i did it my way. i only had two cups blueberries, instead of three. i didn't have an orange or even orange juice, so i used sunny d(tangy original) and skipped the orange zest. i also only had quick cooking oats, no old fashioned. regardless, the squares turned out moist, delicious and blueberry-ee. the whole family loved'em. a tasty way to get a little superfood into their diet. i mean, butter is a superfood, right? this is the south ya know. anywho, i will make these again, but next time it will be the right way. enjoy.

4 comments:

Leslie said...

wow,wow,wow..I must say I am a sucker for anything blueberry and even with all of your changes(I love the Sunny-D addition) they look scrumptious

Donna-FFW said...

Oh these blueberry bars look absolutely scrumptious. Throw some ice cream on top and I am in happy land!

Jennifer said...

Wow that looks and sounds great, I just bought a huge bunch of blueberries!

Julie said...

I would have driven all the way over to your house for some of these!! I've been planning to make those crash potatoes but since you've obviously perfected it, just call me the next time you do ;-)