Thursday, August 27, 2009

haunted rosewell castle


rosewell castle or mansion located in gloucester, virginia is just steeped in history.visit the website to learn about this once glorious mansion and its owners, the page family. what is left now is simply ruins, having burned in the early 1900's. what makes rosewell so popular today is not its rich history , but its rumored hauntings. my brother roger and i decided to do a little outing with the youngin's today and visit rosewell. we had more fun. we had the entire plantation grounds to ourselves to explore. i had never visited the castle before, but roger had, about thirty years earlier and it was one visit he will never forget. his one and only ghost encounter happened on the dirt road that leads to the house ruins. him and his buddy, then just teenagers, watch as an apparition of a woman floated from the woods in front of them, pause and continue gliding across the road and disappear. needless, to say, the two boys disappeared too, as fast as their dirt bike could take them. roger had never returned until today. we both are fascinated with ghosts and haunting. we snapped many photos today, so i thought i would share a few with you. let me know if you see anything!


caroline and travis entering the grand mansion

entrance to basement area
basement
roger and mr. page, teehee!


backdoor to the house


came back to basement to shoot a few more pics
i keep getting this haze. nothing shows up in roger's photos.

my last pic of the day. interesting.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Cool, that basement looks suspicious to me!

Sherri said...

Beth, YOU CAUGHT some orbs in the photos! Do you see them???? :0)

Beautiful castle...I wish I could visit.

Pam said...

I wonder if the haze was something more? I love exploring old buildings - this would be really neat to check out.

Patty said...

Don't you just love that old place. I really enjoy it every time we go there. I see several things in your photos. In the first one in the door way on the side of the building I see what looks like a woman leaning up against the wall.
Of course the basement is very obvious. I see the mist in that photo.

Chell Ann said...

If you look closely at the Picture that has the caption "basement" you can kind of see an infant right next to the blue spot at the bottom and the kind looks like he's reaching for something. I went there tonight and it was really scary I didn't see anything nut I was scared

Chell Ann said...

If you look closely at the Picture that has the caption "basement" you can kind of see an infant right next to the blue spot at the bottom and the kid looks like he's reaching for something. I went there tonight and it was really scary I didn't see anything but I was scared.