Wednesday, August 19, 2009

roasted shrimp, easy and delicious


let me preface by saying, i don't like shrimp. i had a bad shrimp experience years ago and i have not been able to let that go, until now. my husband has been after me to fix healthier foods, more seafood, veggies, and fruits. i am a southerner, i equate healthy foods to tasteless or boring meals. i envision a cold fresca served with a lovely "diet" plate of one scoop each cottage cheese, tuna and chicken salad on a lettuce leaf. oh and let's not forget dessert, sugar-free jello, usually strawberry, topped with a big ole dollop of dream whip. ewwww. i know we need to eat better, but it's such a drag not to mention expensive. it cost big bucks to eat right. little debbie's are cheap. anyway, i did pick up a pound of shrimp to fix for dinner tonight. it's a good start. i thought i would try ina's recipe for roasting them. oh my gosh!! these are crazy good. i betcha i ate easily a dozen of those little suckers. i didn't maker her cocktail sauce though, just used store bought. the shrimp were so simple and unadorned, yet so full of flavor and juicy. i am so tempted to go buy more for supper tomorrow. no joke, i am going to make these often, although neither one of my kids ate them. who cares? it just means more for me. they choose velveeta shells and cheese. ick.

run forrest run! buy your shrimp. you and bubba need to make these now, it's better than a box of chocolates. well, not really. enjoy.
ready for the oven, evoo, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love them but hardly eat em, those look yummy, I guess I better eat some. Your southern dinner sounds right up my alley!

Patty said...

Oh I love shrimp. Now I want to buy some lol
I wanted to return your visit and say hi. I am glad you like my paramornal blog. I have a lot of fun with it.
Stop on by my daily blog if you have time