Monday, October 5, 2009

scalloped potatoes and ham

a real quick post to share with you one of my personal favorites for cold weather, scalloped potatoes and ham. i love this stuff! it is not for the faint of heart when it comes to calories, but oh my is it worth the splurge. i am sure you can lighten the load some, i try to and i will share those secrets. oh, i generally serve a big green salad to cancel out those fat grams. well, mostly to make me feel better about eating all those fat grams and to pretend i am eating healthy. enjoy.

scalloped potatoes and ham-your can find the recipe here.

my changes-i use fat free half and half, 2% milk and also, 2% cheddar that i sprinkle on top after it comes out of the oven. just put your lid back on and the heat will melt it beautifully. also, i don't do cayenne, because, well, i don't do cayenne.

5 comments:

Jamie said...

This looks so delicious and warm and comforting. I love this kind of food. Yum!

Jennifer said...

Wow that looks tasty, I have never had that combo but I have a ham steak in my freezer!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ooh this is pure Winter comfort food Bethie! Calories be damned! :P

Anonymous said...

Scalloped potatoes and good chili are two things I just can't make!

Pure comfort food though!

pigpigscorner said...

wow this looks extremely cheesy and creamy..delicious!