Monday, October 19, 2009

yorktown day 2009 and ham biscuits

today is yorktown day. that is 228 years ago today the british surrender ending the battle of yorktown bringing about the end of the revolutionary war. it also marks the day of eating too many ham biscuits, well, in my case. travis and myself spent the morning in yorktown watching the parade, people, enjoying the perfect fall weather and overindulging in ham biscuits. well, i did. here are few pics of our yorktown day!

p.s.-as you will see, apparently there can never be enough fife and drum corps, not to mention ham biscuits.





i told travis to go stand by the cannon and he went and stood by a trashcan?

the haunted nelson house...spoooky....

its gardens....









the ole alma mater....go falcons!



french children, who can resist....too cute....




brunswick stew....

ham biscuits....oh my....

5 comments:

The Good Life in Virginia said...

hi beth. thanks for popping by my blog. thought i would stop in and visit you ;) the york town parade looks like it would have been fun and, something i would like a lot.
great shots.
have a most wonderful day.

Pam said...

What a fun day! I'd love a ham biscuit right now.

Jennifer said...

Ahh that is sweet!

Patty said...

Oh I missed this..We have been out of town..Thanks for posting about it!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Ham biscuits? Wow! I know that biscuits are like scones here so is it just filled with ham? I'd love to try and make some so any hints are welcome :)